The Forest Oaks community is located off Morreene Road in West Durham. It is made up of 133 townhomes that were built in the 1980s. The development includes a pool and clubhouse and is popular with both older and retired residents as well as older Duke students because of its proximity to the university.
The Forest Oaks Homeowners Association owns, manages, and landscapes all common areas. The association also handles most exterior maintenance issues. For more details, please review the Forest Oaks Rules and Regulations.
All Forest Oaks property owners are automatically members of the Homeowners Association with fees charged at the beginning of each month. Please click on the button below to log into the homeowner portal to pay HOA dues, to submit maintenance requests, and to view the HOA bylaws, covenants, and resident rights.
- Repair and/or replace roofs, flashing, ridge vents, dryer vents and plumbing vent boots
- Repair and/or replace flashing around skylights
- Pressure washing and painting of exterior building surfaces every five (5) years
- Repair and/or replace rotted siding, trim, fascia, patio privacy dividers
- Repair and/or replace screened porches and all hand rails and railings that were originally installed by the builder
- Clean, repair and/or replace gutters, downspouts and exterior foundation drains
- Repair and/or replace water, sewer and storm drain lines between the meter and the exterior of the townhome or on any Forest Oaks common property
- Exterior drainage – french drains, natural swells, etc.
- Repair and/or replace all street and entrance lighting
- Repair all streets, parking areas and sidewalks
- Repair and/or replace mailbox and mailbox locks
- Perform annual termite inspection
- When we receive 5” of snow or greater, the road and entrance will be plowed
- When we have 3” of ice or greater, the roads and entrance will be sanded
- Grass will be mowed, edged, seeded, fertilized and aerated.
- Natural areas visible from the street will be weeded and mulched as needed
- Shrubbery will be pruned and sprayed for disease when necessary
- Trees will be pruned away from buildings, walkways and other surfaces
- Dead, diseased and dying trees will be removed as needed