The Mackenzie Place community is located off Old Chapel Hill Road near the intersection with Garrett Road in Southwest Durham. It is made up of 38 townhomes and is surrounded by a large tree buffer that separates it from nearby development.
The MacKenzie Place Homeowners Association owns, manages and landscapes all common areas. It is also responsible for the exterior maintenance of each townhome.
All MacKenzie Place property owners are automatically members of the Homeowners Association with fees assessed annually. Please click on the button below to log into the homeowner portal to pay fees, to submit maintenance requests and to see the HOA bylaws, covenants and resident rights.
- Regulation and maintenance of common areas
- Roof repair including leaks and replacement due to normal aging
- Cleaning, repair and replacement of gutters and downspouts
- Maintenance of all exterior building surfaces other than glass to include: siding, shutters, outside trim, porches, and railings. This DOES NOT INCLUDE painting, staining or power washing or otherwise maintaining the deck
- Maintenance of landscaping to include trees and shrubs, grass and walks. Any private planting in front or side of the unit must be approved by the HOA
- Maintenance, repair and replacement of mailbox structure and mailboxes
- Maintenance and repair of roads and parking areas and sidewalks due to normal use.
- Paint exterior door and trim, on a 5-10 yr schedule
- HOA will maintain all water lines from meters to city main water lines
- HOA will maintain all common sewer lines from their origin until they reach the city maintained sewer line
- Termite inspection and treatment, but does not include termite damage repair
- Snow removal over 8 inches on common roads